Using chemical bleaches for whitening and bleaching skin can cause harm to your skin in the long run. Therefore, it is essential to use natural remedies for having clean and flawless skin. Read on to know more about the side effects of using skin bleach.
Everyone, regardless of being a man or woman, wants to have a flawless, even and smooth skin tone. Skin bleaching is a good option to get rid of the black spots or any other type of spots on skin. But, skin whitening options have become very complicated these days and there are plenty of options available in the market leaving the customers confused.
Although skin bleaching or whitening could be a good option for getting rid of dark spots or skin discolouration, the process is not free from side effects. Some of the products are rather very harmful and cause skin cancer too. Therefore, it is very important you find out the side effects of skin bleaching before you opt for the whitening of your skin.
Harmful Effects of Skin Whitening or Bleaching
Bleaching is, in fact, a process in which the hair on the skin is bleached to match with the actual skin tone. However, the side effects are:
1. Dark grey spots
2. Skin cancer
4. Swelling of the skin
5. Thinning of the skin
7. Setting down of fat on face, chest, upper back and stomach
8. Increase in appetite and weight gain
10. Neurological and kidney damage due to high level of mercury used in the creams
11. Psychiatric disorders
12. Severe birth defects
14. Liver damage
Some of these side effects could be seen almost immediately while some are seen after prolonged use of skin whitening creams.
Why Skin Bleaching?
In some of the parts of the world, it is believed that light and pale skinned people portray beauty, richness and success as well. In some parts, dark complexioned people are considered below standard and so people opt for skin whitening or bleaching creams, pills and other products.
Studies reveal that most of the young boys and girls prefer using skin whitening products so that they get a good status in their group, family and society. In fact, the commercials shown on the television also portray the same thing. All these things have a great impact on the minds of young men and women and they opt for whatever cream or pill they can afford.
Natural Ways of Skin Bleaching
Here are some of the natural ways for getting flawless and fair skin without using skin bleaches.
1. Diet – Diet is the most important part that you should take care of if you want a flawless skin. Take away all refined food products and replace them with healthy and nutritious ones.
2. Water – Increase your intake of water. This helps keep skin free of dehydration and so the look is healthy and unblemished.
3. Cleansing – Take proper care of cleaning your skin. Choose the product that is natural and effective. Pay attention to exfoliating your skin from time to time so that you get rid of the dead skin.
4. Limes and Lemons – Citric acid is natural bleach and will help you have a lighter skin time without any side effect. You can make a face mask with lime juice, few drops of glycerin and flour to make a paste. Apply this on your face and leave for 20 – 30 minutes. Wash with normal water.
Once you know the side effects of using over-the-counter skin whitening products, you will definitely want to learn more about natural skin whitening methods. These methods are harmless and even cost you nothing extra.
Culled by: Vivieanne Danielle