The VGMA 2019 new artiste of the year, Wendy Shay has been stripped of her Youth Employment Agency (YEA), ambassadorial role.
The Rufftown record signee made several headlines last week after she and other ambassadors of the agency pay a call on Former President John Agyekum Kufuor to solicit his support for a project.
A photo of the singer and ex-president Kuffour went viral on social media attracting wild criticisms from a section of the public in view of the gaze of Mr Kufuor who was seated close.
A recent release from the YEA announcing who their ambassadors were had Wendy Shay’s name was left out.
Part of the statement reads “Below are a list of Ambassadors currently engaged by the Agency:
1. Kwabena Anokye Adisi, Journalist/ CEO, EIB Group / Start-Up consultant
2. Bryan Amoateng, Pastor, Author, Life Coach, Entrepreneur, Founder, International Youth Empowerment Summit (IYES), President, Bryan Jones Outreach,
3. Jackie Appiah, Award-winning actress, Entrepreneur
4. Bibi Bright, Actress, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian
5. Emelia Brobbey, Actress, Trained Teacher and Journalist
6. Rebecca Donkor, CEO MakeUp Ghana, Start-Up Consultant, Founder/CEO Healthcare Management
Also, we have prominent people in society ranging from top-ranking public officials, Members of Parliament, Business Executives, Chiefs, Religious leaders etc who have endorsed our initiatives and have indicated their readiness and availability to act as advisors to the projects the Agency embark on.
Notable among these prominent individuals are:
1. Dr Kwabena Donkor, Former Minister for Power and MP for Pru East Constituency.
2. Catherine Abelema Afeku, Minister and Member of Parliament and an astute Marketer.
3. Nana Osei Bonsu, President of Private Enterprises Federation (PEF Ghana).
4. Mr Seth Twum Akwaboah, President of the Association of Ghana Industries (AGI).
These dignified individuals, as well as a host of others including CEOs in the Banking and Telecommunication Sector, are all ready and available to lend their support to the Agency when called upon.
It is unclear if the singer lost her ambassadorial role due to her conduct at former President Kuffour’s residence.
sources at the YEA confided in this portal they are monitoring her to ascertain if she is indeed prepared to serve the purpose of the organization.