With some few days to the kickoff of the 2019/20 Ghana Premier League season, the Club Licensing Board have inspected the home grounds of all the 18 clubs and are done with their findings.
After the inspection and considering everything, the Club Licensing Board have approved the venue of sixteen clubs whiles two has been disapproved.
Below is the list of the approved stadia;
1. Aduana Stars -Nana Agyemang Badu Park, Dormaa
2. Ashgold SC – Len Clay Stadium, Obuasi
3. Asante Kotoko – Baba Yara Stadium, Kumasi
4. King Faisal – Baba Yara Stadium, Kumasi
B. CONDITIONAL APPROVAL
1. Hearts of Oak- Accra Sports Stadium
2. Great Olympics – Accra Sports Stadium, Accra
3. Inter Allies – Accra Sports Stadium, Accra
4. Berekum Chelsea – Golden City Park, Berekum
5. Techiman XI Wonders – Techiman Park
6. Dreams FC – Theatre of Dreams, Dawu
7. WAFA – WAFA Stadium, Sogakope
8. Elmina Sharks – Ndoum Park, Elmina
9. Medeama SC – Akoon Park, Tarkwa
10. Karela United- Akoon Park, Tarkwa
11. Liberty Professionals – Liberty Stadium, Dansoman
12. Bechem United – Bechem Park, Bechem.
Upon all these approvals, Wa All Stars and Ebusua Dwarfs have had their grounds rejected as they both were to honour their home games at the newly constructed Madina Zongo Park and the Robert Mensah Stadium respectively.
The Club Licensing Board has given those two teams some few days to acquire new home grounds since it is left with only three days to the start of the league. Wa All Stars after the rejection are likely to play their home games at the Ohene Gyan Stadium whiles Ebusua Dwarfs are also likely to move to the Cape Coast Stadium.
The 2019/20 Ghana Premier League campaign is anticipated to start this Friday, December 27 and move on with the other fixtures on weekend of 28th and 29th of the same month.
By: Iddriss Abdul Rahim