Nigerian-based singer, songwriter and actress, Seyi Shay’s Ghanaian publicist by name Obee Gh,earlier today took to his Facebook page and expressed his displeasure about a tweet he chanced on on Wendy Shay’s official page. Feeling his artiste has been disrespected in that regard, he went ahead to put out certain facts about Seyi Shay.
The tweet by Wendy Shay has gone viral on various social media platforms and also attracted diverse comments from the public.
This came about after organisers of Livespot X Festival failed to put her on bill.
Wendy Shay posted:
“How do you expect a sold out concert without booking the hottest Queen in Ghana..instead of WENDY SHAY you go book some Shay
Naija never go book Ghana artiste
Ghana wake up!”
The tweet did not go down well with Obee and he also responded by posting:
“I stopped typing a lot but if you come for my artiste, I come for your head periodt!
Look at this one called Wendy Shay too o. The girl striving on late Ebony’s leftover? It’s not her fault anyways!
• Well for your information the “Shay” they booked is an internationally recognized brand. This girl should get that in her skull
• The “Shay” they booked has a very good music portfolio. A very beautiful one from 2005 till date
• That “Shay” wrote three (3) songs for the soundtrack to Konami’s video game “Crime Life: Gang Wars”, that’s if she (Wendy) even knows what that is lol.
• She wrote “White Lies” on Award winning rapper Chipmunk’s “Transition” Album.
• That “Shay” also wrote “You Will See” on Melanie C’s “Beautiful Intensions” album
• The “Shay” they booked was once managed by Beyoncé’s dad (Mathew Knowels) with a record deal from Columbia Records.
• She has two to three songs that enjoyed a good media rotation in this same Ghana you’re a supposed queen (Murda ft. Patoranking || Right Now || Weekend Vibes ft. Sarkodie)
• The same “Shay” they booked has been featured on Legendary Samini’s 6th Studio Album “Breaking News” on a song dubbed “Turn Up”
• She’s a Pepsi Ambassador
• She currently has a big song out with America’s Teyana Taylor
Now someone should tag this Wendy girl to go through this and come back again if this “Shay” is her mate. Or cos y’all have the same number of Instagram followers? The one that can be bought in a day? I hope the views on an Ebony built YouTube channel ain’t deceiving this girl!
See I have a very good relationship with Bullet, this girl should stay in her lane. It’ll be good for all of us.
ARRANT NONSENSE! ”
Obee also doubles as Patoranking’s AR/Road Manager.
By: Denyce Efo Kodzo